Worksite Location: The Dalles
Work Schedule: Part Time, 20-25 hours per week; 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, M-F
Salary Range: $17.37 – $20.23 per hour
Reports to: School Administrator
Why work at The Next Door?
Because you share our vision of a supportive community where all children and families are safe, healthy and valued. Every day, we work towards making this vision a reality, by having integrity and by living our core values of being welcoming, just, empathetic, empowering and flexible. If you like to work in an environment where you’ll be learning right alongside our program participants—The Next Door is the place for you!
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who loves working with high school youth and wants to support them in their education. We are looking for someone who is reflective, respectful, intuitive, honest and self-motivated. We’re looking for someone who is able to connect and build trust quickly with a variety of people. We’re also looking for someone who is detail-oriented, organized, knows how to prioritize tasks and can work independently as well as part of a team.
What you will do…
• Carry out lesson plans, instructional activities; oversee tests; teach social skills; and planning under the supervision of a certified Highly Qualified (HQ) Teacher while monitoring individual students, classroom and/or supervising group activities for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
• Maintain classroom equipment, student’s files, records, etc. ensure availability of items
• Perform limited clerical functions directly related to the instructional assignment for instructing students (i.e. preparing materials, instructional records for student files, communication with parent, etc.)
• Communicate with licensed staff members, parents and/or appropriate community agency personnel to assist in evaluation of students’ progress and/or implementing of students’ objectives. This may include participating in various meetings.
• Special projects as assigned by School Administrator
Additional Skills and Competencies you’ll need…
• Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interactions
• Maintain a high level of discretion when dealing with sensitive/confidential information
• Professional verbal and written communication skills
• Good technical skills and competent use of computer programs and software
Education and Experience you need…
• High School diploma / GED
• Minimum of one year experience working with youth within an educational or treatment environment
• Knowledge of principles of child development, learning styles, and associated instructional processes applicable to special education students
• Understanding of the challenges of youth and the change process
• Dog Friendly
• Training Opportunities
• Jury Duty and Paid Bereavement Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Covid-19 Safe work environment
To apply: Go to http://nextdoorinc.org/employment and submit: Cover Letter+ Resume
• By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• By mail: The Next Door: 965 Tucker Rd, Hood River, OR 97031
• By Fax: 541-386-5440.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Next Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer, one that appreciates differences and creates opportunities for staff to interact with people who do not look like, talk like, think like, believe like, act like, or live like they do.