Wyeast Laboratories, Inc. is welcoming you to join our team! Wyeast’s team is a workforce of talented individuals who strive towards a common goal of continuing to provide the craft beverage industry with superior products, insightful technical expertise, and helpful customer service, which has earned Wyeast its reputation as a worldwide industry leader. As the first company to provide pure liquid yeast – established in 1986 – to professional and home enthusiasts, our leadership has continued to support the incredible growth and evolution of the industry for three decades.
It is our priority to continue to be the leading expert and first choice provider for brewers and homebrewers who have supported us for many years, as well as welcoming the tremendous rise of craft cider, mead, distilling, sake, and all fermentation enthusiasts just now entering the scene. As Wyeast moves forward with its own internal growth and development, we anticipate and encourage you to bring your passion and commitment to the industry as it is critical to our mutual success and vital for maintaining our quality and integrity.
This position is responsible for effectively preforming production duties which includes raw material handling, operating a forklift, record keeping, tank sampling, wort processing, cleaning and sanitation of tanks and equipment, and cellaring operations; all of which require extensive physical work in a clean, hot/cold, and wet production environment.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities: • * Follow established formulas to weigh and measure raw materials for scheduled production batches according to company procedures
- • Maintain raw material and production records with detail and accuracy
- • Start up, monitor, and operate processing equipment safely and efficiently
- • Adhere to current Personal Protective Equipment requirements and adopt new PPE requirements as chemicals, chemical use, or procedures change
- • Safely and accurately handle, mix, and test concentration (titration & ppm) of all cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
- • Perform cleaning and sanitation of equipment, both CIP and manual, cleaning process area and other assigned areas according to company protocols
- • Collect samples for QC/QA during the production process
- • Read, understand, and maintain a variety of scientific instruments and calculations
- • Set up and complete cellaring operations according to company procedures
- • Acknowledge and report necessary repairs of equipment to supervisor and assist when needed
- • Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety training. Maintain safe and efficient use of equipment and tools.
- • Support and comply with all company policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- • Must meet set expectations and daily goals given by the supervisor based on production needs.
- • Professional and respectful communication between team members, supervisors, and management in a supportive and welcoming environment.
- • Ability to work effectively as a team member and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all employees and departments.
Position Requirements: • * Minimum 2 year Associates Degree in Food Science, Brewing Science, Food Microbiology or related studies, 4 year Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- • Minimum 2 year experience in Food Microbiology, commercial brewing, cellar operations or related field preferred
- • Knowledge of food grade chemicals, sanitizers, and safe handling practices
- • Ability to understand and comprehend production and processing language
- • Demonstrate a strong work ethic and be detail oriented
- • Ability to multi-task while maintaining product quality
- • Mechanical aptitude, skills, and knowledge a plus
- • Preforming general physical activities: requires considerable use of arms, legs and moving whole body, such as lifting up to 60+ pounds, balancing, walking, stooping, handling and positioning of materials and products, carrying items up and down stairs
- • Schedule will be 4/10hr weekdays, 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM to start with the expectation of rotating regular/weekend shifts or alternate shifts once training is complete. Must be available for some overtime work and occasional holiday shifts will be required.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k