**Worksite Location: **Columbia High School- White Salmon
Work Schedule: Part Time; 20-29 hours per week
Salary Range: $18.94 - $21.59 per hour
Reports to: Columbia Gorge Youth Connection Supervisor
Application Deadline: 1/30/2023
Why work at The Next Door?
Because you share our vision of a supportive community where all children and families are safe, healthy and valued. Every day, we work towards making this vision a reality, by having integrity and by living our core values of being welcoming, just, empathetic, empowering and flexible. If you like to work in an environment where you’ll be learning right alongside our program participants—The Next Door is the place for you!
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who is reflective, respectful, intuitive, honest and self-motivated. We’re looking for someone who is able to connect and build trust quickly with a variety of people. We’re also looking for someone who is detail-oriented, organized, knows how to prioritize tasks and can work independently as well as part of a team.
What you will do…
• Engage and build relationships with Columbia High School students & their families needing extra support (including resource connection)
• Provide basic case management, follow up and support services through weekly or monthly one-on-one meetings with youth
• May include home visits to students and parents
• Identify needs, gaps and duplicate services; collaboratively find solutions with other agencies especially WAGAP to create efficient support services
• Build on existing local resources and communication methods to develop tools aimed specifically at supporting students
• Assist attendance department at school with addressing chronic attendance and engagement concerns
• Engage and strengthen relationships with community partners as well as school staff
• Participate in community meetings that focus on youth needs and service coordination
• Act as a liaison when making referrals to other agencies that support families in housing, mentoring, mental health care, parenting ed and more
Additional Skills and Competencies you’ll need…
• Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interactions
• Maintain a high level of discretion when dealing with sensitive/confidential information
• Good time management skills and ability to multitask
• Professional verbal and written communication skills
• Use initiative and act independently in new as well as in everyday situations
• Work productively while providing quality work, free of errors or mistakes
• Excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented; follows through; and meets deadlines
• Dependable, reliable, trustworthy and persistent
• Good technical skills and competent use of computer programs and software
• Flexible and uses good judgment when responding to change, staying open to new possibilities
• Good interpersonal skills to effectively accomplish tasks by working with others
Education and Experience you need…
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Equivalent experience of working with students or community-based organizations with youth clients for at least a year preferred.
• Knowledge of local community resources
• Ability to communicate using remote work tools
• Knowledge of the White Salmon community preferred
• Generous PTO (Vacation, Sick, 11 Holidays + Floater Holiday)
• Dog Friendly
• Training Opportunities
• Jury Duty and Paid Bereavement Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Covid-19 Safe work environment
To apply: Submit: Cover Letter+ Resume
• By email: email@example.com
• By mail: The Next Door: 965 Tucker Rd, Hood River, OR 97031
• By Fax: 541-386-5440.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Next Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer, one that appreciates differences and creates opportunities for staff to interact with people who do not look like, talk like, think like, believe like, act like, or live like they do.