Worksite Location: Hood River
Work Schedule: Full Time; 40 hours/week
Salary Range: $20.56 - $23.45 per hour
Reports to: Treatment Services Program Manager
Why work at The Next Door?
Because you share our vision of a supportive community where all children and families are safe, healthy and valued. Every day, we work towards making this vision a reality, by having integrity and by living our core values of being welcoming, just, empathetic, empowering and flexible. If you like to work in an environment where you’ll be learning right alongside our program participants—The Next Door is the place for you!
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who is reflective, respectful, intuitive, honest and self-motivated. We’re looking for someone who is able to connect and build trust quickly with a variety of people.
What you will do…
• Participate in intake and placement of new clients in assigned proctor/foster home
• Provide group and individual counseling
• Conduct service-based activities within the Day Treatment Program
• Teach skills classes as needed
• Develop and implement Individual Service Plans
• Document services delivered, as well as assessments, periodic progress reports, and discharge reports
• Communicate professionally with youth, family, foster families, state agencies (OYA, DHS), and any other partners involved in care and treatment of youth
• Direct foster parents on treatment of youth in care
• Coordinate services, activities, transportation, aftercare, etc., and communicate client progress and problems to parties concerned as listed above
• Participate in psychiatric consultation and training
• Provide oversight for all aspects of the Service Plan and applicable treatment
• Special projects as assigned by Treatment Services Program Manager
Additional Skills and Competencies you’ll need…
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Understanding of the challenges of “at-risk” youth and the change process
• Patience, excellent listening skills, ability to build relationships, team player
Education and Experience you need…
• Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field, plus 2 years’ experience in the care and treatment of youth or young adults
• Accredited Master’s Degree preferred
• Health benefits (medical, vision, dental)
• Generous PTO (Vacation, Sick, 11 Holidays + Floater Holiday)
• 401(k) - Fully Vested after 90 days and 5% company contribution after 2 years
• Dog Friendly
• Training Opportunities
• Jury Duty and Paid Bereavement Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Covid-19 Safe work environment
To apply submit: Cover Letter+ Resume
• By email: email@example.com
• By mail: The Next Door: 965 Tucker Rd, Hood River, OR 97031
• By Fax: 541-386-5440.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Next Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer, one that appreciates differences and creates opportunities for staff to interact with people who do not look like, talk like, think like, believe like, act like, or live like they do.