Worksite Location: Hood River
Work Schedule: Part Time; Up to 19 Hours per Week
Salary Range: $15.77 - $18.39, hourly
Reports to: Mental Health Therapist
Why work at The Next Door?
Because you want to help make our vision of a supportive community where all children and families are safe, healthy and valued a reality, while learning right alongside our program participants.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who is reflective, respectful, intuitive, honest and self-motivated. We’re looking for someone who is able to connect and build trust quickly with a variety of people. We’re also looking for someone who is detail-oriented, organized, knows how to prioritize tasks and can work independently as well as part of a team.
What you will do…
- Work one-on-one with youth to provide life skills instruction in a community setting
- Identify and anticipate possible behavior issues and problem resolve conflicts
- Assist in crisis intervention, instruct, supervise and participate with youth in daily education, social and emotional skill training, work, recreational or community activities
- Document activities and behavioral observations
- Prepare incident reports
- Prepare other documentation as required
- Assist other staff with providing and documenting skill development activities
- Work with community partners to develop service delivery plans
- Special projects as assigned
Additional Skills and Competencies you’ll need…
- Must have reasonable knowledge of human behavior, child growth and development, and appropriate relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form, providing practical advice and guidance to elementary school to pre-teen youth
- Maintain order, discipline and safety; by acting firmly and fairly, remaining calm and using good judgement during confrontational or high pressure situations
Education and Experience you need…
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Health benefits (medical, vision, dental)
- Generous PTO (Vacation, Sick, 11 Holidays + Floater Holiday)
- 401(k) - Fully Vested after 90 days and 5% company contribution after 2 years
- Dog Friendly
- Training Opportunities
- Jury Duty and Paid Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Covid-19 Safe work environment
To apply: Go to http://nextdoorinc.org/employment and submit: Cover Letter+ Resume
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: The Next Door: 965 Tucker Rd, Hood River, OR 97031
- By Fax: 541-386-5440.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Next Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer, one that appreciates differences and creates opportunities for staff to interact with people who do not look like, talk like, think like, believe like, act like, or live like they do.